In this article, I’m sharing a well-managed plan with you. That helps you learn android app development within 10 days. This is a basic training plan is a collection of android app development tutorial. I will assure you will learn android development within 10 days.
I have prepared an assignment for you for each topic. So please do assignment properly for becoming a better android developer.
I tried to make a best android app development course for you. Let’s start this training plan
- CORE JAVA – Before starting this training plan you must have a good knowledge of core JAVA. You should hand on OOP’s concept.
- Android Studio Setup – Android Studio should install and configure in your machine. Android Studio will take some time for downloading SDK and System. So please do it before moving ahead. Install Android Studio in your machine.
First day of learning, You have full energy and focus on first day to I stretched little bit of first day plan
1. What is android
The first day you read about android fundamental. Android Basic, History of Android, Android OS Working Pattern.
2. Anatomy of android
Understand the anatomy of android. How APK build etc. So read below link
- Android basics
- Android project structure
References Article – https://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/create-project.html
3. Building a user Interface
Now time to understand UI part in android. Let’s learn deep about android layout UI complement. Following are the most commonly used UI component in android applications.
Working with Android Layout such as LinearLayout, RelativeLayout, ConstraintLayout
- Learning XML Code for Android Linear Layout
- Creating A Graphical XML Layout
- Learning Composite Layout
4. Understanding activity life cycle
- Pausing and resuming activity
- Stopping and restarting activity
- Recreating an Activity
References Article – http://www.tutorialspoint.com/android/android_acitivities
- Create a Login and signup page.
- Create a home page with creative view.
- Populate list employee list with thumb image, name, designation, email id, skype link button using RecyclerView.
What is Intent and Intent Filter, How does work . Understand the role of Intent in Android
- Understanding the usage of intents.
- Understanding the usage of intent filters
- Difference between implicit & explicit intents.
- Passing and receiving data through intents.
References Article – http://www.tutorialspoint.com/android/android_intents_filters
- Connect the above assignment activities(signup, login, home page)
- Pass the data from login page to home page and display it on homepage.(username, email etc.)
Now we will learn about fragment, lifecycle of fragment and how to build flexible UI using fragment
- Fragments Life cycle
- Building flexible UI using fragments.
- Communication between fragments.
References Article – http://developer.android.com/guide/components/fragments.html
2. Action Bar:-
Action Bar is important component in android app development. Using it we will manage navigation, menu and user flow.
- Setting Up the Action Bar
- Adding Action Buttons
- Styling the Action Bar
- Overlaying the Action Bar
- Create a profile activity having 2 fragments. On the top, activity has two buttons- one to show the personal information in a fragment and other shows the professional information. Change the fragments according to button click.
- In profile activity action bar, add a menu with items- Edit profile, Settings, Logout, etc.
1. Android Advanced UI
For making beautiful and creative UI for android application. Styles and themes play important role to beautify and making creative user interface in android.
- Using drag and drop in your application (http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/drag-drop.html)
- Android Drawables (http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/resources/drawable-resource.html)
- Android styles and themes(http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/themes.html)
- Creating custom and compound Views in Android (http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/creating-compound-views-on-android–cms-22889)
- Android resource selectors
2. Supporting Different Languages
In Android app development, app should be kept culture-specific resource. So that resource to be translated to the language based on current locale. Understand how to build multi-language supported app in Android
3. Supporting different screens
App UI should support different screens is big challenge for android developer. So hand on multi screen support
- Create login and signup screen to locale(Language).
- Support for all devices (Tablet and phone).
1. Android Storage and network access, Asynchronous processing
- Android SQLite database and content provider
References Articles http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/AndroidSQLite/article.html
- Android background processing with the Handlers, AsyncTask and loaders.(3hrs)
References Articles – http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/AndroidBackgroundProcessing/article.html
- Download and image from the internet in background Using Asynctask and display it on screen.
1. Android XML processing using XMLPullParser
- Understanding the structure of XML.
2. JSON parsing in android
In this part we try to learn, How to communicate android app with remote server. Todays Retrofit is most commonly library calling REST API in android.
3. Animation in android
- Property animation
- View Animation
- Drawable Animation
References Articles – https://www.tutorialspoint.com/android/android_animations.htm
Assignments:- (3 hrs)
- Create a REST API for parsing JSON data.
- Create a SOAP API for parsing XML data.
- Use the different animations on different types of views.
Today, We learn all data storage tips and tool in android.
1. Data storage options in android
- Shared Preferences.
- SQLite database.
- Internal and external storage.
- Room persistence library
- Manage login session on app using shared preferences.
- Download data from server to SD card(Image, Audio, Video, etc.)
- Create an activity so save employee info in SQLite database and populate a listview from database in another activity.
1. Android location service
2. Working with Map
- Working with google maps API v2
- 1. Create an activity which gets current location(longitude, latitude) and displays it on button click.
- Google maps on button click and displays specific location pin on it.
1. Scheduling of tasks in Android with the Alarm Manager and the Job Scheduler
2. Android Broadcast Receiver
3. Android Notifications
References Articles – http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/AndroidNotifications/article.html
4. Android Data Backup
References Articles – http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/AndroidDataBackup/article.html
5. Android memory and performance optimization
References Articles – http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/AndroidApplicationOptimization/article.html
- Create scheduled repetitive toast with the help of Alarm manager
- Give a notification on battery low event using broadcast receiver.
1. Android Library Project
- Creating libraries for Android applications
- Use Android Libraries
References Articles – http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/AndroidLibraryProjects/article.html
2. Sensors and Touch in Android
- Camera API and Camera2 in android
- Android Sensor
- Handling single and multi-touch on Android
- Android Gestures
1. Android Expert Programming Topics
- Handling Media with Android
- Android Cloud to Device Messaging and Google Cloud Messaging
- Android Calendar API
- Work with Sync Adapter
- Signing Your App
This android app development course is complete a practical guide. Please do each assignment properly. I promise you to complete this android app development course you become a better android developer In few days.